Origin of the town in the municipality turns us back to the Middle Ages. The oldest written notes on a topic of towns being parts of present municipality of Stryków concern a village of Niesułków (from 1281), Bratoszewice (from a period of 1341-1376), Stryków, Dobra and Koźle (from the end of the 14th century). Stryków is the seat of local government authorities of the municipality. It received its town charter in 1394 from Władysław Jagiełło, while the request for it was offered by a squire of the time Dersław Tłuk, a treasurer of Łęczyca. The name of the town was mentioned in a peace treaty with Teutonic Knights in 1436, on which, in the name of the king, there was put a signature of a squire, “Thulk of Stryków”. In the Middle Ages Stryków was located on a crossroads of trade trails connecting Ruthenia with Pomerania and Masovia with Greater Poland and Silesia. The town was a centre of gentry goods, it stood for a local centre of trade and craft. In Stryków the first printer of Polish origin Łazarz Andrysowicz was born, who worked in Cracow in the 16th century and also a chronicler who lived at the same time, Maciej Stryjkowski. Significant development of the town took place at the end of the 18th century and was connected with F. Czarnecki who tried to make Stryków a center of textile production. Moreover, in that time Stryków became one of towns with the most modern built-up - in terms of spaciousness. At the beginning of the 20th century, Stryków received rail connection with Warsaw and Łódź, which influenced on an increase of population.
Historic buildings are proofs of interesting history of the municipality. Within a scope of culture heritage there should be recommended historic Mariavite and Roman Catholic churches. In Stryków, we can find a Roman Catholic church in Neo-Romanesque style with Baroque tower and Renaissance altar containing a painting “Our Lady of Częstochowa” by Buchbuender, as well as the Complex of Old Catholic Mariavite Church. The most famous historical building is the Late Gothic parish church from the 15th/16th century, which was developed in years 1898-1901. Nearby the church, there is a wooden belfry from the 18th century, a presbytery from 1905, and on a courtyard - a historical wooden granary from the 18th century. In a village of Dobra there are two churches: a Roman Catholic one from the 16th century and a Mariavite one from 1908. Small wooden churches from the 17th and 18th century in Niesułków Kolonia and Koźle are also worth seeing.
Moreover, on the area of the municipality in a town of Bratoszewice there is a historical theme park with a palace of Count Rzewuski from the beginning of the 20th century, built in a style of French Renaissance, and farm buildings from the middle of the 19th century.
Turbulent history during the annexations and wars has left its mark also on our municipality. In a Roman Catholic cemetery in a village of Dobra there is a collective grave of insurrectionists from 1863, and in a town of Koźle - the war cemetery of Polish soldiers of the 55th and 58th Infantry Regiment of the 14th Infantry Division of Army “Poznań” killed in 1939. At the edge of Poćwiardowski Forest, not so far away from the village of Niesułków Kolonia, one can see a war cemetery from the World War I, naturally composed in the surrounding forest. It perfectly illustrates the times when the soldiers of hostile enemy could meet each other on war front lines. Now they lie here together in peace and concord. Death in a battlefield connected them.
Stryków Municipality has also joined the National Education Programme “Katyń… Save From Oblivion”. Two oaks, which were planted on the area of School Complex No. 2 in Bratoszewice, are dedicated to the memory of captain Stefan Piotrowski and lieutenant Feliks Jakubowski who were murdered in Katyń.